The Python Developer's role will be responsible for the development, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, operation support and performance of Python development and object-oriented programming. The Python Developer will be part of a core team that provides automation solutions as well as helping to architect integration of these systems with SQL Server databases and other key systems. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills with advanced programming skillsets using Python, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills to perform production support of applications using Java, ElasticSearch, and JSON. The Python Developer should have some working experience with “Big Data” concepts and knowledge/experience with MS SQL Server. NoSQL, Hadoop and understanding of cross-platform integrations.
- Understand requirements, design and develop software components.
- Research software concepts, develop and demo proof of concept.
- Work with the team members to understand the current product features.
- Develop automated unit/integration tests.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Communicate and Participate in the project's agile process with the integration team.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, and be detail-oriented and performance-driven.
- Support continuous process improvement
Essential Skills & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or related field required.
- 5+ years of relevant development experience with Python, Java, and ElasticSearch.
- Strong object-oriented programming principles.
- Experience with developing RESTful APIs.
- Ability to captured and translate business requirements to functional requirements.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment for development and feature releases.
- Experience with pulling data from AWS Cloud, Azure Cloud, or Cloud implementations and environments.
- Demonstrated experience writing technical documentation to support code deployment guides.
- Quick learner, able to learn new technology and software.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, Jenkins, Maven.
- Experience in unit testing, debugging and troubleshooting issues on developed code.
- Experience in secure coding practices.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to think outside of the box to design effective solutions.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position will interact with peers and customers.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as a team member.
- Experience with Python libraries such as Flask, SQL, Alchemy.
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience building web applications with Python ORM frameworks.
- Experience using message-queuing software (/Kafka).
- Familiar with MS SQL, NoSQL DB, JSON.
- Experience with Cloud based services such as Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Please send resume to: