SQL Server Administrator
The SQL Database Administrator's role will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, operation support and performance of critical database systems, to ensure high availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. The Database Administration team provides database and production support for all database systems ensuring their database integrity, security and availability as well as helping to architect integration of the database with other key systems. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills with advanced skillsets with SQL Server performance, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills to perform production support of applications using database technologies of MSSQL 2012-2016. The Database Administrator should have some working experience with “Big Data” concepts and knowledge/experience with NoSQL, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, and Python and understanding of cross-platform integrations.
- Responsible for design, installation, configuration, security and maintenance of highly available enterprise database systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve database incident tickets when needed
- Monitor backup jobs on all enterprise databases and perform routine disaster recovery scenarios
- Establish and maintain database policies and standards
- Generate database schema definitions and modifications as required
- Plan and coordinate data refreshes from one environment to another using a variety of tools including stored procedures and SSIS packages.
- Understanding and knowledge of data transformation from SQL to XML and JSON format
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Follow and maintain in-house documentation for repeatable processes, including database feature installation, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database usage.
- Develop and maintain processes to transform and transport data between SQLServer and other data-lake sources such as ElasticSearch, GraphDB and/or Hadoop.
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure data integrity and consistency between multiple data-lake sources.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years direct experience managing and supporting Microsoft SQL Server version (2014, 2016 & 2017, high availability, BCP and capacity planning)
- Plan project timelines, schedules, resources and successfully deliver projects on time and on budget
- Knowledge and experience in Database Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Hands on experience with the SQL Server Technology stack including SSIS and SSRS
- Hands on experience with database security, auditing, backup/restore, DR and high availability
- 5+ year's experience in database architecture
- 3+ years of experience with BCP/Replication solutions
- Well versed in troubleshooting and trace data-related issues within the architecture
- 3+ years with “Big Data” Concepts and Architecture including some experience in some of the following platforms: NoSQL, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Python.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and collaborate with other team members to expand capabilities with a technology agnostic, optimized solutions mentality.
Please send resume to: